Two more Philadelphia Flyers players were added to the NHL’s COVID Protocol list on Friday. With the Flyers’ next game scheduled for Thursday, there more be more postponements on the horizon for not only the Flyers but across the NHL as well.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, Philly Hockey Now’s roundup of links from yesterday on this site as well other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
Philly Hockey Now
- Oskar Lindblom and Scott Laughton were added to the NHL’s COVID Protocol list. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers defense gave Carter Hart plenty of reasons to be frustrated early in the season. (Philly Hockey Now)
In case you missed it earlier in the week:
A little post about what we’re all about here at Philly Hockey Now.
- Claude Giroux and Justin Braun joined Travis Sanheim as the Flyers’ count of players on NHL’s COVID Protocol list reached three. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Grading the Flyers forwards through the quarter mark of the season. There have been quite a few surprises. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The defensemen haven’t been as surprising, unfortunately, but there’s still plenty to dig into. (Philly Hockey Now)
- There has been some good, some bad, and there is still an unknown factor surrounding this team. Taking a look at the State of the Flyers four weeks into the season. (Philly Hockey Now)
National Hockey Now
- NHL players have been told to remain confined at their home or arena under new COVID restrictions. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Islanders are usually a boring team, but Mathew Barzal brings them to life. (NYI Hockey Now)
- Brad Marchand and Mika Zibanejad had a standoff after warmups on Friday night. They decided to play rock paper scissors after several minutes. (Boston Hockey Now)
While our first week of content has been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PhHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo Credit: Heather Barry Images