NHL announces several changes to Flyers schedule
The Philadelphia Flyers have had their last four games postponed. Now we know when a few of them will be played. Mark those calendars, the Flyers schedule has some changes.
Two of the Flyers’ four postponed games last week have been rescheduled with a few other changes as well.
Three Flyers prospects that could make an impact due to COVID absences
Here are the Flyers schedule changes via the NHL:
“The following games have been re-scheduled:
- Game #769, Washington at Philadelphia, originally scheduled for April 27, is now scheduled for Sunday, March 7 at 7 p.m. ET
- Game #755, NY Islanders at Philadelphia, originally scheduled for April 25, is now scheduled for Monday, March 22 at 7 p.m. ET
- Game #216, New Jersey at Philadelphia, originally scheduled for Feb. 11, is now scheduled for Sunday, April 25 at 6 p.m. ET
- Game #716, Philadelphia at New Jersey, originally scheduled for April 1, is now scheduled for Tuesday, April 27 at 7 p.m. ET
- Game #231, New Jersey at Philadelphia, originally scheduled for Feb. 13, is now scheduled for Monday, May 10 at 7 p.m. ET
The following games will be rescheduled for dates to be announced later:
- Game #202, Philadelphia at Washington, originally scheduled for Feb. 9
- Game #254, Philadelphia at NY Rangers, originally scheduled for Feb. 14
- Game #390, Philadelphia at Boston, originally scheduled for March 7“
There’s a bit to unpack here. The Flyers’ last game of the regular season was originally scheduled for May 8th. Now, they’ll go until at least May 10th against the Devils.
The Flyers schedule now has them seeing a lot of the Devils late in the season. They’ll play four straight on April 25th, 27th, 29th, and May 1st. Then the regular-season finale on May 10th. If the current records are any indication, these should help propel the Flyers up the standings in the home stretch.
Flyers playing at Lake Tahoe could be an unnecessary risk by NHL
Given the timing of this announcement, I have to believe that the Flyers will return soon. They practiced today and all signs point to them playing on Thursday and Sunday. They’ll return to game action 11 days after their last game, a 7-4 win at the Washington Capitals, on Thursday against the Rangers.
Photo Credit: Heather Barry Images