The Philadelphia Flyers lost to the New York Rangers 3-2 in a shootout on Thursday night. It was a game that could’ve gone either way and the Flyers earned a point by tying the game with the goalie pulled.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, Philly Hockey Now’s roundup of links from yesterday on this site as well other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- The shorthanded Flyers earned a hard-fought point against the Rangers.(Philly Hockey Now)
- There were a few good things in the Flyers’ shorthanded lineup. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Next up for the Flyers is the Lake Tahoe game on Sunday. While it’s exciting for fans, it may be an unnecessary risk. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The best defense is a good offense, or a good forecheck. The Flyers are aggressive under Alain Vigneault (Broad Street Hockey)
Around The League
- Mike Matheson pulled off a pretty cool give-and-go to himself for the Penguins last night.. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Penguins took down the Islanders, but it could have ended differently. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The Bruins lost to the Devils last night, so they’ll be extra motivated for Sunday’s game at Lake Tahoe. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The scenes at Lake Tahoe are pretty tremendous, but the Golden Knights are focusing on the task at hand. (Vegas Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
While our first week of content has been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo Credit: Heather Barry Images