Claude Giroux is back.
That’s it. That’s all you need to know about the Philadelphia Flyers.
Okay, not really, but the captain was on another level on Wednesday night against the Rangers. Keep an eye out for more on that later this morning…
Welcome to the Morning Skate, Philly Hockey Now’s roundup of links from yesterday on this site as well other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- If you missed the game last night, or even if you watched it, check out our new live in-game blog “Fleeting Flyers Thoughts” and let us know what you think! (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers survived Chris Kreider’s hat trick to win in Claude Giroux’s return. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Alain Vigneault went with a top-heavy lineup against the Rangers and it paid off in a big way. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Ron Hextall committed his first action against the Flyers, claiming Mark Friedman off waivers for the Penguins. (Philly Hockey Now)
Around The League
- Let’s check in with Pittsburgh to see how the Penguins are feeling about claiming Mark Friedman. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Islanders will allow fans at the Coliseum starting next month. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The Bruins lost another defenseman to injury. (Boston Hockey Now)
- Scott MacDonald of Colorado Hockey Now takes you inside what it was like to get to and cover the Avalanche game at Lake Tahoe. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- The Golden Knights are allowing fans at games starting in March. Want to get away? (Vegas Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
While our first weeks of content have been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo: Heather Barry Images