Thursday Morning Skate: Back at it in Pittsburgh
The Philadelphia Flyers will go right back at it in Pittsburgh tonight against the Penguins. They had a day off to regroup and hopefully reset heading into tonight’s game. They are looking to even up the three-game series before the finale on Saturday afternoon.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, Philly Hockey Now’s roundup of links on this site as well other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- We rewatched Tuesday night’s loss to highlight and breakdown the Flyers’ defensive breakdowns. It’s painful, but worth a read. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Travis Konecny returned to the lineup on Tuesday night, but not where you might expect. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Flyers fans will be in the Wells Fargo Center on Sunday! (Philly Hockey Now)
Around The NHL
- Mark Friedman is with the Penguins now and says he’s happy to be on that side of the rivalry. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau was available to the Flyers at last year’s trade deadline. Instead, the Islanders traded for him and he was an integral part of their most recent win. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The Bruins gave a tremendous video tribute to Zdeno Chara in his return to Boston. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The Avalanche held a team meeting after a bad loss to the San Jose Sharks. (Colorado Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
Make sure you follow me (@RGilbertSOP) and Philly Hockey Now (@PhillyHockeyNow) on Twitter and like us on Facebook to keep up with all of the latest happenings surrounding the Philadelphia Flyers!
While our first weeks of content have been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo: Heather Barry Images