The Philadelphia Flyers dropped a tough one on Saturday in Pittsburgh. It was a back-and-forth affair that they eventually lost 4-3 to the Penguins.
They’ll get right back at it on home ice against the Washington Capitals tonight.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- The Flyers may have lost, but they got feisty in Pittsburgh. Check out all the hits and highlights in GIF form! (Philly Hockey Now)
- Brian Elliott allowed a soft goal late in the second period that was the turning point in the loss. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Phil Myers did not practice Friday and missed Saturday’s game. He took a late hit in the second period on Thursday night. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Joel Farabee returned on Saturday after a two-day stint on the NHL COVID list. (Flyers)
- Flyers fans will be in the Wells Fargo Center tonight! (Philly Hockey Now)
Around The NHL
- The Flyers may have woken up the beast that is Evgeni Malkin. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Mathew Barzal scored the goal of the year on Saturday. If you haven’t seen it, you need to. If you have seen it, you know you want to see it again. (NYI Hockey Now)
- Brandon Carlo was taken to the hospital in an ambulance after a high hit by Tom Wilson. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The Golden Knights had to leave their hotel early because the hotel suddenly closed. No, really. (Vegas Hockey Now)
- It didn’t matter as Vegas went on to shut out the Sharks on Saturday night. (San Jose Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
While our first weeks of content have been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo: Heather Barry Images