Monday Morning Skate: Couldn’t capitalize
The Philadelphia Flyers welcomed fans back into the Wells Fargo Center on Sunday night. Unfortunately, they couldn’t pull out the win. The Capitals beat the Flyers 3-1 on Sunday night.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well as other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- Flyers fans got loud for their first game back at the Wells Fargo Center. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers fed off that energy in the first period, but couldn’t keep it up. Check out the recap and highlights. (Philly Hockey Now)
- It was the first opportunity for Oskar Lindblom to play in front of Flyers fans since his battle with cancer, and he got the reception he deserves. (Philly Hockey Now)
Around The NHL
- The Penguins scored three quick goals again, but they held onto the lead this time. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Islanders completed their sweep of the Sabres. Buffalo is pretty bad, huh? (NYI Hockey Now)
- The Bruins couldn’t find the back of the net in a loss to the Devils. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The Colorado Avalanche are battling to restore confidence. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- The NHL trade talk is picking up around Jack Eichel, Sam Bennett, and Jake DeBrusk. (Philly Hockey Now +)
Follow and Subscribe!
Make sure you follow me (@RGilbertSOP) and Philly Hockey Now (@PhillyHockeyNow) on Twitter and like us on Facebook to keep up with all of the latest happenings surrounding the Philadelphia Flyers!
While our first weeks of content have been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo: Heather Barry Images