Thursday Morning Skate: The grind continues
It’s gameday. The Philadelphia Flyers will host the Washington Capitals tonight at 7:00 p.m.
It’s the second of three meetings between the two teams this week. The Capitals won 3-1 on Sunday night and the Flyers will look to even up the series tonight.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well as other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- Rewatching Buffalo’s first-period goals to analyze what went wrong. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The power play and penalty kill came up clutch in the third period on Tuesday night. (Philly Hockey Now)
- On Tuesday night, a frustrating first period gave way to a thrilling third and celebratory shootout. Relive it all through our GIF Rewind. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Carter Hart is working hard to push through his early-season struggles. (NBCS Philly)
Around The NHL
- March is a busy month for a lot of teams around the league. The Penguins discussed their thoughts on the matter. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Islanders already sold out the first seven games with fans in the building. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The offense is the problem for the Bruins. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The Avalanche heavily outshot the Coyotes and barely eked out a win. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- Tomas Hertl talked about dealing with COVID. (San Jose Hockey Now)
- Mark Stone didn’t mince words when talking about the Golden Knights’ performance. (Vegas Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
Make sure you follow me (@RGilbertSOP) and Philly Hockey Now (@PhillyHockeyNow) on Twitter and like us on Facebook to keep up with all of the latest happenings surrounding the Philadelphia Flyers!
While our first month of content has been free, we will start mixing in some exclusive content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here to support the site!
Photo: Heather Barry Images