The Philadelphia Flyers could not put back-to-back wins together as they fell to the Washington Capitals 5-3 on Thursday night. It was the second loss against the Capitals this week.
The Flyers climbed back from a 4-1 deficit to make it 4-3 in the third period, but the Capitals put the game away with an empty-net goal in the final minute. They’ll get back at it on Saturday night for the series finale.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well as other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- It’s no secret that the Flyers need defensive help and two potential targets top TSN’s Trade Bait list. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Andy Andreoff showed some fight and Travis Konecny scored a birthday goal, but the Flyers came up short. Check out our GIF Rewind of the game. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Alain Vigneault sent another message to Philippe Myers. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Phantoms game was suspended after one period on Wednesday night due to COVID. (Broad Street Hockey)
- The Flyers honored a fan who drove 500 miles to attend a game. (NHL)
Around The NHL
- Evgeni Malkin is finding his game – and his sense of humor. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Islanders extended their winning streak to seven games in front of fans for the first time this season. (NYI Hockey Now)
- David Krejci powered past some “tough luck” for his first goal of the season in the Bruins win. (Boston Hockey Now)
- Dennis Gilbert worked on some fighting techniques after practice on Thursday. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- Marc-Andre Fleury was added to the NHL COVID Protocol list. (Vegas Hockey Now)
- And the Golden Knights are increasing their capacity for games. (Vegas Hockey Now)
- The Sharks have some new-look lines in Anaheim. (San Jose Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
While our first month of content has been free, we will start mixing in some exclusive content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here to support the site!
Photo: Heather Barry Images