The Philadelphia Flyers will get their third crack at the Washington Capitals this week in tonight’s game. They lost 3-1 on Sunday night and 5-3 on Thursday night. The Flyers snuck a come-from-behind victory over the Sabres in between those two losses.
The Flyers need to win tonight’s game to salvage at least two points in the three games against the Capitals.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well as other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- It’s been an up-and-down season and it’s time for the Flyers to show what they’re made of. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Andy Andreoff showed some fight and Travis Konecny scored a birthday goal, but the Flyers came up short. Check out our GIF Rewind of the game. (Philly Hockey Now)
- It’s no secret that the Flyers need defensive help and two potential targets top TSN’s Trade Bait list. (Philly Hockey Now)
Around The NHL
- With Ron Hextall as his GM, it’d be fitting if Tristan Jarry could be the first Penguins goalie to score a goal. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Anders Lee will be out indefinitely for the Islanders. (NYI Hockey Now)
- David Krejci powered past some “tough luck” for his first goal of the season in the Bruins win. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The Avalanche are dominating teams and their defense is becoming quite the story. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- The Golden Knights’ power play was stressed, but it didn’t show on the overtime winner. (Vegas Hockey Now)
- The Sharks shut out the Ducks on Friday night. (San Jose Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
While our first month of content has been free, we will start mixing in some exclusive content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here to support the site!
Photo: Heather Barry Images