The Philadelphia Flyers went out and beat the Bruins in regulation on Saturday afternoon. They did what they needed to do and they have to follow that up with another win today against the Sabres.
We’re just a day away from the trade deadline. The Tampa Bay Lightning landed David Savard from the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday for one of the biggest trades thus far. Chuck Fletcher has a few decisions to make before 3 p.m. ET on Monday.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well as other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- Travis Konecny extended his point streak to five games and Sean Couturier kept the Flyers’ hope alive on Saturday afternoon. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers need a stud defenseman. Chuck Fletcher needs to add one either before the deadline or in the offseason. (Philly Hockey Now)
- If the Flyers end up selling, who might they move at the deadline? (Philly Hockey Now)
- Nolan Patrick is surprisingly being “shopped hard” by the Flyers, at least according to one insider. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Wade Allison and Tanner Laczynski were recalled to the Taxi Squad. Could they play on Sunday with the trade deadline looming? (Philly Hockey Now)
Around The NHL
- Matt Grzelcyk was knocked out of the Bruins’ loss to the Flyers on Saturday afternoon. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The Islanders kept Oliver Wahlstrom out of the lineup. Barry Trotz explains why. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The Penguins are already pretty deep. Could they trade for a left winger and stack four lines?? (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Colorado got their backup goalie by trading for Devan Dubnyk on Saturday. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- Will the Sharks trade former Flyer Kurtis Gabriel at the deadline? (San Jose Hockey Now)
- Could the Vegas Golden Knights land Scott Laughton? Why not? (Vegas Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
Photo: Heather Barry Images