The Philadelphia Flyers have to play out the rest of their 14 games, but they’re playing for nothing more than pride. Pride and impressions for the offseason, that is. Chuck Fletcher and the Flyers have a big offseason ahead of them and they could look to move a piece or two of the core.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well as other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- The Flyers considered adding a defenseman at the deadline, but they’re more worried about laying the groundwork for a big offseason move. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Is the Scott Laughton contract too long? Was trading Erik Gustafsson and Michael Raffl the right move? (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers signed college free agent Jackson Cates to an entry-level contract. Could he play this season? (Philly Hockey Now)
- It was another uninspiring effort as the Flyers looked lifeless after the deadline on Tuesday night. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Looking back at Chuck Fletcher’s previous deadline day deals with the Flyers. (Broad Street Hockey)
NHL Trade Deadline
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are the reigning champions, but the Panthers may be the Florida hockey team to watch out for. (Florida Hockey Now)
- Pittsburgh has a few new lines with former Flyer Jeff Carter in tow. They host the Flyers tonight. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Former Flyer Braydon Coburn had no qualms about accepting a trade to the Islanders. (NYI Hockey Now)
- Kevan Miller rocked Tage Thompson in a nasty fight. (Boston Hockey Now)
- Devan Dubnyk got his first win in his first start as a member of the Avalanche on Wednesday night. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- San Jose ended up helping their rivals at the trade deadline. (San Jose Hockey Now)
- Grading the Golden Knights’ trade deadline moves. (Vegas Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
Photo: Heather Barry Images