The Philadelphia Flyers looked completely uninterested for most of Saturday afternoon’s game against the Capitals. The 6-3 final score (including an empty-net goal) wasn’t a true representation of how well the Capitals played and, in turn, how poorly the Flyers played.
After a sleepy Saturday, the Flyers now host the Islanders before three straight days off. The games are dwindling down now with just 12 left, including tonight’s matchup.
It’s going to be a special game for Oskar Lindblom on Hockey Fights Cancer night. Lindblom went through a remarkable journey over the past year-plus and deserves all of the recognition he receives.
The Flyers and Islanders face off at 6:30 p.m. tonight.
Here is the projected Flyers lineup against the Islanders:
Flyers forward lines
Here are the Flyers lines for tonight:
Flyers defensive pairs
The Flyers had a few defensive breakdowns on Saturday. They’ll look to clean things up tonight against the Islanders.
Flyers starting goalie
Brian Elliott will start, as planned, against the Islanders.
Alex Lyon will dress and back up Elliott with Hart out due to a lower-body injury.
Around the NHL
- The Islanders are coming off two straight losses and need to bounce back. Time for the Flyers to play spoiler, eh? (NYI Hockey Now)
- Former Flyer Mark Friedman was activated off IR on Sunday. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Surprise, surprise. Tom Wilson laid another reckless hit in the Capitals’ loss to the Bruins on Sunday. (Boston Hockey Now)
- Due to COVID-19, Avalanche games are postponed through at least Tuesday. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- Patrick Marleau is set to break Gordie Howe‘s games played record. More power to him. (San Jose Hockey Now)
- The Golden Knights are red-hot. Can they catch Colorado or are they just playing for second place? (Vegas Hockey Now)
Photo: Heather Barry Images