The Philadelphia Flyers are coming off an unlikely comeback win against the Devils in the first of four straight against New Jersey. They’ll now play two games in New Jersey before hosting the Devils again on Saturday night.
Tuesday night’s game will be as much about trying to build off Sunday’s win as it is about the NHL debut of Egor Zamula. Zamula had a long look in training camp this year but didn’t make the team. Now, after improving his play in Lehigh Valley recently, Zamula is getting a look.
Projected lines and pairs
Flyers forward lines
Alain Vigneault is sticking with the same lines up front.
Flyers defensive pairs
Egor Zamula is making his NHL debut with Travis Sanheim shifting over to the right side. Samuel Morin comes out of the lineup for Zamula.
Shayne Gostisbehere has a minor MCL sprain and is expected to the next few games. Cam York is making an impact in the AHL and could get a look this season as well.
Flyers starting goalie
Brian Elliott gets the start again tonight against the Devils. He made 29 saves on 32 shots in Sunday night’s win.
Follow us on Twitter (@PhillyHockeyNow) and keep an eye out for lineup updates as we get closer to game time.
Around the NHL
- The Penguins are petitioning Pennsylvania for “vaccinated sections” at PPG Paints Arena. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Scott Mayfield’s improvement has been critical to the Islanders’ success this season. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The TD Garden will increase to 25% capacity on May 10th for Bruins games. (Boston Hockey Now)
- Colorado’s loss in St. Louis could change the Avalanche’s thinking for the playoffs. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- The Sharks stopped their losing skid at eight games with a 6-4 win against the Coyotes. (San Jose Hockey Now)
- Marc-Andre Fleury has been a model of consistency for the Golden Knights. (Vegas Hockey Now)
The Flyers and Devils face off at 7:00 p.m. in Newark.
Photo Credit: Heather Barry Images