The Philadelphia Flyers got the final nail in their coffin last night with a 5-3 loss to the New Jersey Devils. It made official what we all felt for a while: the Flyers are not a playoff team this season.
There are just six games left in the season for the Flyers. They play the Devils, Penguins, and Capitals twice each to finish off the season.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well as other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- The 2021 season has an all-too-familiar ending for the Flyers: inconsistency. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers were officially eliminated from playoff contention on Thursday night. (Philly Hockey Now)
- A 5-3 loss to the Devils was the final nail in the coffin. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Carter Hart is shut down for the season due to a knee injury. (Philly Hockey Now)
Around the NHL
- While the Flyers got eliminated, the Penguins clinched a playoff berth. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Islanders snapped a skid with a much-needed win against the Rangers. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The Bruins took care of business against the Sabres. (Boston Hockey Now)
- It’s go time for the Avalanche as they need to get back on the beam. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- Logan Couture lost a few teeth, but he’s still smiling. (San Jose Hockey Now)
- Mattias Janmark has been a quiet key to success for the Golden Knights. (Vegas Hockey Now)