Saturday Morning Skate: Two games left
The Philadelphia Flyers have two games remaining and will play their penultimate game of the season tonight against the Capitals.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well as other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- The kids are alright! If you missed last night’s game, or just want to relive the win, check out or recap of the game with analysis, highlights, and more. Joel Farabee extended his team lead in goals and Wade Allison scored a pair as Cam York impressed in his NHL debut. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Alain Vigneault had high praise for Cam York prior to his NHL debut. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Cam York and Tyson Foerster, the Flyers’ two most recent first-round picks, connected for a pair of goals in the Phantoms’ win on Wednesday night. That earned York a call-up and Foerster could be making a case for a roster spot next season. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Shayne Gostisbehere shoved Mark Friedman into the boards late in Tuesday night’s game, earning himself a two-game suspension that he did not agree with. (Philly Hockey Now)
Around the NHL
- The Flyers beating the Capitals actually helped the Penguins in the playoff race. They hope to have Brandon Tanev back for the playoffs. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Nassau County Executive Laura Curran is again calling on New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to raise capacity limits at indoor arenas, like the Nassau Coliseum, in time for the New York Islanders playoff run. (NYI Hockey Now)
- Boston Bruins rookie goaltender Jeremy Swayman made his NHL debut against the Flyers and he’s pushing his way into the B’s history books with an overwhelmingly impressive start to his NHL career. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The Colorado Avalanche are barrelling towards the playoffs, but Nathan MacKinnon is banged up. They’re hoping it’s not serious, but it was serious enough for him to sit out on Friday night. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- Andrew Desjardins wore No. 69 for the Sharks, but why? (San Jose Hockey Now)
- The Golden Knights went to overtime yet again on Friday night, and once again they came away victorious. Their overtime record is seriously impressive. (Vegas Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
Make sure you follow me (@RGilbertSOP) and Philly Hockey Now (@PhillyHockeyNow) on Twitter and like us on Facebook to keep up with all of the latest happenings surrounding the Philadelphia Flyers!
Photo: Heather Barry Images
Get PhHN in Your Inbox
Philadelphia Flyers9 hours ago
Will Nolan Patrick Get His Name Engraved On Stanley Cup?
Flyers Daily News11 hours ago
Game 1: What A Save For Vegas! Florida Coach Paul Maurice Was A Flyers Draft Pick?
Philadelphia Flyers1 day ago
It’s Official: Flyers-Devils To Play At MetLife Stadium On Feb. 17
Flyers Daily News1 day ago
Tkachuk? Eichel? Stanley Cup Finals Usually Decided By Big Stars
Philadelphia Flyers2 days ago
Flyers Restructure Front Office Under Briere
Philadelphia Flyers4 days ago
Tortorella Doesn’t Agree With Criticism Of Hiring Ex-Flyers
Flyers Daily News3 days ago
Latest Trade Talk Shows There Are No Untouchables On Flyers
Flyers Daily News6 days ago
Flyers Shouldn’t Trade Carter Hart, Their Most Valuable Asset
Flyers Daily News2 days ago
Should Flyers Try For A Risky Home Run In The Draft?
Flyers Daily News4 days ago
TNT Overlooks Flyers’ Memorable 2010 Comeback
Flyers Podcast5 months ago
Are Flyers Playoff Contenders? We Examine in Latest Podcast
Broad St. Bullcast8 months ago
Flyers Podcast: Lots of Positives, But Ryan Ellis Was Mistreated
Philadelphia Flyers1 year ago
Will Flyers get a shot at drafting Shane Wright? Here are the intriguing prospects
Lehigh Valley Phantoms2 years ago
Tyson Foerster injured on scary hit into end boards
Lehigh Valley Phantoms2 years ago