The Philadelphia Flyers went into Buffalo and swept away the Sabres this weekend. Not only was it a two-game sweep, but they shut out the Sabres in both games. They have now shut out the Sabres in three straight meetings.
The Flyers are off on Monday before heading to Pittsburgh on Tuesday night.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, Philly Hockey Now’s roundup of links from yesterday on this site as well other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- The Flyers now have no players on the COVID list after Travis Konecny was removed Sunday. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Carter Hart bounced back, Sean Couturier schooled Jack Eichel, and Ivan Provorov is a machine. Recapping Sunday’s win. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Check out our new in-game live blog with GIFs, analysis, and more. Let us know what you think! (Philly Hockey Now)
- Zayde Wisdom showed off his hands and physicality in a two-point game against the Penguins this weekend. (Philly Hockey Now)
Around The NHL
- The Penguins, who the Flyers play three times this week, got squashed by the Islanders on Sunday. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Islanders had a game-changing save late in the second period in their win over the Penguins. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The Bruins finally returned to their normal selves with a win against the Rangers. (Boston Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
While our first weeks of content have been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo: Heather Barry Images