Saturday Morning Skate: Moose in Buffalo
The Philadelphia Flyers return to action today with a weekend matinee against the Buffalo Sabres. It’s the first of a back-to-back set in Buffalo.
Today’s game starts at 1:00 p.m. EST, with tomorrow’s a bit later at 3:00 p.m. EST.
The Flyers should have a few more reinforcements for today’s game. Brian Elliott will start again in net.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, Philly Hockey Now’s roundup of links from yesterday on this site as well other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- Zayde Wisdom scored an amazing goal on Friday night. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers only have one player left on the NHL COVID list. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Claude Giroux is still that good. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers could have fans back in the Wells Fargo Center sooner than you think. (Philly Hockey Now)
Around The NHL
- The Flyers aren’t the only team that people think could use a tough guy. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau is proving to be an invaluable asset for Islanders. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The Bruins got blown about by a New York team for the second night in a row. (Boston Hockey Now)
- Hunter Miska came through for the Avalanche in a big way on Friday night. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- Brayden McNabb is nearing a return for the Golden Knights. (Vegas Hockey Now)
- Things are trending up for the resumption of the Sharks’ schedule this Saturday. (San Jose Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
Make sure you follow me (@RGilbertSOP) and Philly Hockey Now (@PhillyHockeyNow) on Twitter and like us on Facebook to keep up with all of the latest happenings surrounding the Philadelphia Flyers!
While our first weeks of content have been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo: Heather Barry Images