The Philadelphia Flyers had a much-needed day off on Monday after a tough weekend. They dropped the series finale in Pittsburgh on Saturday afternoon and lost to the Capitals at home on Sunday night.
The Flyers get an easier opponent tonight in the Buffalo Sabres.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well as other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- There were a few missed calls and assignments that changed the game on Sunday night. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Flyers fans got loud for their first game back at the Wells Fargo Center. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Oskar Lindblom got the reception he deserves. (Philly Hockey Now)
Around The NHL
- Mark Friedman was placed on injured reserve in a series of transactions by the Penguins. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Tuukka Rask may have been injured late in his last game any could miss the Bruins game tonight. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The Coyotes beat the Avalanche last night, but you shouldn’t worry about Colorado … right? (Colorado Hockey Now)
- The Golden Knights were blanked by the Wild in Minnesota. (Vegas Hockey Now)
- San Jose took down the Blues in overtime. (San Jose Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
While our first weeks of content have been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo: Heather Barry Images