The Philadelphia Flyers close out a maddening month of March tonight against the Buffalo Sabres. They’ve won back-to-back games, even if it doesn’t feel like it, and can win three in a row for the first time since February 24th to 28th.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well as other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- Shayne Gostisbehere was waived on Tuesday in a shocking move by the Flyers. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers reportedly are pondering adding a goalie before the deadline, and at least one name is on their radar. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers’ leadership group answered the bell after a players-only discussion during the second intermission on Monday night. (Philly Hockey Now)
Around The NHL
- While the Flyers are floundering, the Penguins are giving Mike Sullivan a “neat feeling” this month. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Flyers aren’t the only East Division team that seems to always give up the first goal. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The Bruins finished strong against the Devils to maintain their lead over the Flyers. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The Avalanche will have fans back tonight, but Nathan MacKinnon was wondering what took so long. (Colorado Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
While our first month of content has been free, we will start mixing in some exclusive content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here to support the site!
Photo: Heather Barry Images