The Philadelphia Flyers have a season-changing back-to-back this weekend ahead of the NHL trade deadline on Monday. If they beat Boston in regulation and win against Buffalo, they’re back in it. If they split or lose both, it could be a fire sale on Monday.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well as other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- The Flyers need a stud defenseman. Chuck Fletcher needs to add one either before the deadline or in the offseason. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Alain Vigneault and the Flyers didn’t agree with the “questionable” boarding major against Samuel Morin on Thursday night. (Philly Hockey Now)
- If the Flyers end up selling, who might they move at the deadline? (Philly Hockey Now)
- Ivan Provorov struggled on Thursday night, but the Konecny – Giroux – Voracek line clicked. Breaking down all four goals from the game. (Broad Street Hockey)
Around The NHL
- Rookie goalie Jeremy Swayman will start again for the Bruins this afternoon. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The Flyers couldn’t get the job done on Long Island on Thursday, but the Rangers had no problem on Friday night. (NYI Hockey Now)
- The Penguins always have players coming out of nowhere to contribute. Could Jared McCann stick on the top power-play unit? (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Avalanche made a minor move to add a depth forward on Friday. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- The Sharks took a chomp out of the Kings on Friday night. (San Jose Hockey Now)
- Teams are always looking to add players at the deadline, but who are three players that the Golden Knights shouldn’t try to trade for? (Vegas Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
Photo: Heather Barry Images