Monday Morning Skate: A pair of prospects shine
The Philadelphia Flyers are scheduled to practice later today for the first time since last week. The team has been in limbo since Travis Sanheim was added to the NHL’s COVID Protocol list last Sunday. Sanheim was removed from the list yesterday, but another name was added.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, Philly Hockey Now’s roundup of links from yesterday on this site as well other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
Philly Hockey Now
- Travis Konecny was added to the COVID Protocol list on Sunday. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Zayde Wisdom scored his first professional goal, sniped another one, and assisted on the Phantoms’ overtime winner on Sunday. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Jay O’Brien recorded his first collegiate hat trick on Saturday night for Boston University. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers defense gave Carter Hart plenty of reasons to be frustrated early in the season. (Philly Hockey Now)
In case you missed it last week:
A little post about what we’re all about here at Philly Hockey Now.
- Grading the Flyers forwards through the quarter mark of the season. There have been quite a few surprises. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The defensemen haven’t been as surprising, unfortunately, but there’s still plenty to dig into. (Philly Hockey Now)
- There has been some good, some bad, and there is still an unknown factor surrounding this team. Taking a look at the State of the Flyers four weeks into the season. (Philly Hockey Now)
National Hockey Now
- The Penguins beat the Capitals on Sunday afternoon thanks to a pair of goals by Bryan Rust. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- The Islanders loaned Josh Ho-Sang overseas, which was meant to send a message. (NYI Hockey Now)
- What might the Penguins do with Ron Hextall at the helm? (Philly Hockey Now | PHHN+)
Make sure you follow me (@RGilbertSOP) and Philly Hockey Now (@PhillyHockeyNow) on Twitter and like us on Facebook to keep up with all of the latest happenings surrounding the Philadelphia Flyers!
While our first week of content has been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo Credit: Heather Barry Images