The Philadelphia Flyers will play the third and final game of their three-game series against the Pittsburgh Penguins this afternoon. They lost the first game, 5-2, then bounced back with a come-from-behind 4-3 victory on Thursday night. Today’s game will decide the series.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, our roundup of links on Philly Hockey Now as well other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
- Phil Myers did not appear to be on the ice for practice yesterday and is doubtful for today’s game. He took a late hit in the second period on Thursday night. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Joel Farabee is still on the NHL COVID Protocol list. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Alain Vigneault’s early timeout could be a turning point for the entire season, not just Thursday’s game. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Claude Giroux put the Flyers on his back in Thursday’s comeback win. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Relive Thursday’s win one more time with the GIF Rewind. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Flyers fans will be in the Wells Fargo Center on Sunday! (Philly Hockey Now)
Around The NHL
- Ron Hextall is early into his Penguins tenure, but it might already be time for a shakeup. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Ilya Sorokin had a good game in net for the Islaners on Thursday night. (NYI Hockey Now)
- Brandon Carlo was taken to the hospital in an ambulance after a high hit by Tom Wilson. (Boston Hockey Now)
- The Nathan MacKinnon worrying starts after he was a late scratch for Friday night’s Avalanche win. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- The Sharks put up a fight but fell to the Golden Knights on Friday night. (San Jose Hockey Now)
Follow and Subscribe!
While our first weeks of content have been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PHHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo: Heather Barry Images