The Philadelphia Flyers remain inactive as they now have a handful of players on NHL’s COVID Protocol list.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, Philly Hockey Now’s roundup of links from yesterday on this site as well other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
Philly Hockey Now
- Carter Hart had an uncharacteristic outburst after a loss in Boston earlier this season. We rewatched every goal against leading up to that point, and Hart had more than a few reasons to be frustrated. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Morgan Frost and Jakub Voracek joined Justin Braun, Claude Giroux, and Travis Sanheim on the NHL’s COVID list. What does that mean moving forward? (Philly Hockey Now)
In case you missed it earlier in the week:
A little post about what we’re all about here at Philly Hockey Now.
- Claude Giroux and Justin Braun joined Travis Sanheim as the Flyers’ count of players on NHL’s COVID Protocol list reached three. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Grading the Flyers forwards through the quarter mark of the season. There have been quite a few surprises. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The defensemen haven’t been as surprising, unfortunately, but there’s still plenty to dig into. (Philly Hockey Now)
- There has been some good, some bad, and there is still an unknown factor surrounding this team. Taking a look at the State of the Flyers four weeks into the season. (Philly Hockey Now)
National Hockey Now
- Could the Penguins actually end up trading Sidney Crosby? (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- …to the Avalanche? It “makes a lot of sense” to one reporter. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- The Penguins may also want to bring back Marc-Andre Fleury, but the Golden Knights aren’t budging. (Vegas Hockey Now)
- Tuukka Rask skated to the bench for the extra attacker in the final minutes of Wednesday night’s game. The only problem was that the game was tied. (Boston Hockey Now)
- Casey Cizikas made John Marino look worse than a Flyers defenseman with this goal of the year candidate. (NYI Hockey Now)
While our first week of content has been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PhHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo Credit: Heather Barry Images