The Philadelphia Flyers still have seven players on the NHL’s COVID Protocol list as the status quo remains. The Flyers are still on track to play this Thursday prior to trekking to Lake Tahoe for next Sunday’s game.
Welcome to the Morning Skate, Philly Hockey Now’s roundup of links from yesterday on this site as well other sites around the National Hockey Now network and hockey world!
Philly Hockey Now
- No Flyers were added to the NHL’s COVID Protocol list. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The Flyers defense gave Carter Hart plenty of reasons to be frustrated early in the season. (Philly Hockey Now)
In case you missed it earlier in the week:
A little post about what we’re all about here at Philly Hockey Now.
- Claude Giroux and Justin Braun joined Travis Sanheim as the Flyers’ count of players on NHL’s COVID Protocol list reached three. (Philly Hockey Now)
- Grading the Flyers forwards through the quarter mark of the season. There have been quite a few surprises. (Philly Hockey Now)
- The defensemen haven’t been as surprising, unfortunately, but there’s still plenty to dig into. (Philly Hockey Now)
- There has been some good, some bad, and there is still an unknown factor surrounding this team. Taking a look at the State of the Flyers four weeks into the season. (Philly Hockey Now)
National Hockey Now
- Some Penguins players commented on the NHL’s new COVID protocols. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
- Mathew Barzal is a bad, bad man… (NYI Hockey Now)
- …The Bruins learned that the hard way. (Boston Hockey Now)
- Nathan MacKinnon is healthy and ready to go for Sunday’s game. He is appointment viewing personified. (Colorado Hockey Now)
- The Sharks hung with the Golden Knights on Saturday afternoon, but Vegas is just too good. (San Jose Hockey Now)
While our first week of content has been free, we will start mixing in some premium content behind our paywall: Philadelphia Hockey Now +, or PhHN+ for short. You can subscribe here!
Photo Credit: Heather Barry Images